Sunday, July 19, 2009

Get Your Ex To Call Back

How you communicate when it comes time to reestablishing your relationship is critical. If you do not put into play important psychological skills you may be setting yourself up for failure. Please do not rush into forcing communications between you and your ex until you have gained the confidence in yourself, so as to not come across as needy or demanding.

It is best to arouse curiosity in any communications between you and your ex. The feeling you want to portray is that you are confident in moving on and that you understand and accept what has happened. By making them curious, it will motivate them to want to reconcile if they are serious about getting back with you. In other words... "the fear of loss" becomes stronger.

Perhaps this video will help with one aspect of communications, and that is getting your ex to call you back...



2 comments:

Unknown said...

good advice, but in reality do you believe that its healthy to want to win back someone who didnt want you? I know my ex dumped me and I am a nobody to try to persuade or make him want me back. Its his life,neither I nor him owe each other anything. I would rather have true love that the "fake" win of him wanting me back for a while. what do u think?

Anonymous said...

Lerka,
I agree with what you are saying, but maybe this is the person that you are supposed to be with. Maybe this is your soul mate. No one ever said that soul mates wouldn't have to work on things. I guess it depends on how the two of you broke up.

Jayde,
Great advice man. I enjoyed the video. I think you are exactly right. I remember when my girlfriend and I broke up I called her back, wrote her a letter, and did anything else that I could possibly do to get her back. It was probably that desperation that pushed her even further away.

Anyway, keep up the good work.