Saturday, January 10, 2009

Im Still In Love My Ex May Not Be

You might say, “I’m still in love, my ex isn’t.”
This is a difficult situation. First of all, you
don’t really know that your ex is not still in
love with you, too. Your ex may have claimed
to not love you anymore, and that’s possible.
But it’s also possible that he or she still harbors
feelings for you. Many couples who still love
each other very much break up for other reasons.

If you can honestly say, I’m still in love my ex,
there’s a good chance your ex might still love you.
But that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a good idea
to try to get back together. You broke up for a
reason. Even if you didn’t want to break up and
the break off was entirely your ex’s doing, really
think hard about things. It’s rare that a person
can’t think back and see reasons why the break-up
might be for the best. It isn’t always easy right
at first when you’re still in so much pain from the
break-up, but with time you’ll probably see that the
break-up might even be good for you.

If the break-up was mutual and now you’re having a
hard time because you feel “I’m still in love, my ex
should be here with me,” then it’s even more important
that you examine why you agreed to the break-up in the
first place. Yes, there is a chance that a mutual split
was a mistake. But if you’ll really look back at the
reasons you both had for calling a halt to the
relationship, you might find that’s better to love your
ex from afar and work through the sadness rather than
try to rekindle the romance.

“I’m still in love; my ex even wants to get back
together.”
While this might make you feel very hopeful
that the two of you might be able to work things out
and live happily ever after, don’t be fooled into
thinking that it will be easy. The reasons you broke
up are still there. If you get back together, what
will change? Your relationship might go along well
for a while because you’re both so happy to be back
together.

If you broke up thinking, I’m still in love my ex, and
he or she thought the same so you got back together,
you’ll go through a honeymoon period just as you did
when you were a new couple. You’ll both feel like you
saved the relationship and kept each other from making
a horrible mistake. But that feel-good honeymoon period
will wear off eventually. And then what will you do?

How are you going to prevent the problems that caused
you to break up in the first place from coming back and
making you want to part ways again? Couples counseling
is a good option. If you think, “I’m still in love my
ex and want him or her back,”
then consider counseling
to keep old problems from splitting you up again later.

No comments: